Housing and Homelessness

Regional Support

-Bayside City Council

The Bayside City Council’s Community Services Team conducts outreach to people who are sleeping rough. They can assist to find accommodation and connect rough sleepers to relevant support agencies. The team also works with those who are at risk of homelessness by providing advocacy, case management and practical assistance.

-Glen Eira Council

Their website provides a range of local services and service provider details.

-Southern Homelessness Services Network

The Southern Homelessness Services Network (SHSN) comprises all funded Specialist Homelessness Services in the Southern Region including services providing crisis, transitional, family violence and youth support and accommodation.  The SHSN is a resource for the homelessness sector in the South.

-Salvation Army

The Salvation Army provides a range of homelessness support.  They can also be contacted as follows at their Frankston office:

Phone: 03 9784 5000
Address:  37 Ross Smith Avenue East, Frankston, Vic, 3199
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm

-Tenancy Plus Support

Tenancy Plus used to be known as the Social Housing Advocacy Support Program (SHASP). Tenancy Plus aims to prevent homelessness and support renters to stay in housing. Community housing renters on the Victorian Housing Register are also eligible for help from Tenancy Plus. Tenancy Plus support providers will work with you to create a support plan that is tailored to your needs and goals. Support providers can also connect you to a range of other support services in your local area. (Vic Gov)


Practice Resources

-Statewide Guidelines

For information and guidelines on providing homelessness support. (NWHNs)

-Homeless Law

For seeking legal assistance through Justice Connect – their Homeless Law team helps challenge and change laws that unfairly harm people facing homelessness, while providing on-the-ground legal help to people who need it most. (Justice Connect)

-Practice Guidelines & the NDIS

The practice guidelines for Victorian homelessness services apply specifically to services funded under the Victorian Housing Support and Homelessness Assistance funding activity descriptions. (Vic Gov)