Bringing Up Great Kids: Parenting Adolescents is a reflective, mindful, respectful program that provides parents with an opportunity to reflect on parenting their adolescents. The program provides a friendly and safe environment for parents to learn from each other as they continue their parenting journey.
The Bringing Up Great Kids: Parenting Adolescents program supports parents and carers to:
• learn more about the origins of their own parenting style and how it can be more effective;
• identify the important messages they want to convey to their adolescent and how to achieve this;
• learn more about brain development during the adolescent period and its influence on their thoughts, feelings and behaviour;
• explore the meaning and context behind adolescents’ behaviours, and how to respond to the underlying feelings and needs;
• explore new ways of communicating with adolescents;
• discover ways for parents to take care of themselves and to find support when they need it and practice selfcompassion.
Contact: Jane Parkinson via [email protected]