Dhelk Dja Action Group
The Dhelk Dja Action Groups (previously known as IFVRAG) have a pivotal role in developing and implementing community led responses to family violence that educate, prevent, respond to and reduce family violence ensuring they are responsive and culturally relevant in their local Aboriginal communities.
Dhelk Dja Action Groups are an inclusive mechanism for the Aboriginal community and provide a vital feedback loop which informs government about the progress of the strategy. They provide a local perspective from which state-wide themes can be identified and solutions developed. The learnings from local initiatives are shared across regions.
Dhelk Dja Action Group Partnership Group
- Department of Justice and Regulation (DJR)
- Southern Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA)
- WAYSS Ltd
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Connections UnitingCare
- Department of Education and Training (DET)
- Ngwala Willumbong Ltd
- Salvation Army Crisis Services
- Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC)
- Victoria Police
- Gathering Places
- The Orange Door
- and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community Members
Indigenous Family Violence Regional Coordinator
The Indigenous Family Violence Regional Coordinator supports the Dhelk Dja Action Group and work closely with Aboriginal communities and wider community service agencies to implement the Dhelk Dja: Safe Our Way ~ Strong Culture, Strong Peoples, Strong Families (2018-2028).
Your local Indigenous Family Violence Regional Coordinator is Eliza Mango, and can be contacted on 8585 6200 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org